Oven Baked Salmon
One of the simplest and tastiest meals I make is my Oven Baked Salmon. It's so simple, pretty much fool proof, and irresistibly delicious.
Sometimes fish can be intimidating to cook. Some may be afraid if they cook it wrong they'll get sick. Some may get frustrated by always drying the meat out. But most really just don't know HOW it should be prepared and cooked or think it's too complicated.
Here is what I think is a FOOL PROOF way to cook the PERFECT salmon, in under 30 minutes.
Here's what you need:
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika (Paprika or Chili Powder will do fine too)
- Lemon or Lemon Juice
- Baking Tray or Casserole Dish
- Parchment Paper
- Oven (convection is best, but a regular bake oven works great too)
1. Turn oven on to 425 degrees, (415 degrees if convection)
While oven is pre-heating...
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking tray or casserole dish. (This keeps the salmon from sticking and makes for easy peasy clean up)
3. Season liberally with Sea Salt, Black Pepper and Smoked Paprika until it looks like the above. (or your red spice of choice, but not cayenne alone - too spicy!)
4. When oven is at your temperature, place tray in the middle of the oven for 15-22 minutes. Time will vary on your oven and the overall size and thickness of your piece of fish.
5. While the salmon is cooking, we need some vegetables too! Pick your favourite greens, chop or prepare them and sauté in a pan, or even better, throw them on the same tray as the salmon! Broccoli, Brussels, Beans and Asparagus will all take about the same time to cook as the salmon, maybe slightly less depending on the preparation.
6. Check salmon for done-ness just after 15 minutes - gently press your finger down onto the salmon. It should feel semi-firm and that you could separate the layers of meat just by pushing down. If it feels 'soft' or 'squishy' place back in the oven for 3-7 more minutes. If you're really worried about under cooking the meat, open a thick section of the fillet - it should be the same light pink throughout and glisten with moisture.
7. Portion your meat and veggies on your plate and enjoy! Remember, 1 palm sized serving for ladies, 2 palm sized servings for gentlemen.
Are there any meals or foods you would like to see a simple and fast recipe for? Let me know!
33 views0 comments