This recipe is perfect for the upcoming cold season. It is not only yummy, but full of vegetables, lean meats and packed with flavour (and the macros are balanced)!
One of the biggest things I love about this recipe is the fire roasted tomatoes – they are delicious! I also tend to crisp up the yam a bit before adding it into the Chili, also known as, burning it a tad. No judgement.
1 cup yam/orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (you don’t have to peel, I prefer)
2 Red Bell peppers, cubed
1 Green Pepper, cubed
1 Yellow Pepper, cubed
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Garlic Glove, minced (add more if you wish)
1 (14.5oz.) can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1 (8oz.) can of Tomato Sauce (or paste, if you want it a bit thicker)
1lb. of Extra Lean Ground Beef
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 tbsp. Chili Powder
2 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
2 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
Salt and Pepper to taste!
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Peel and cut up yams and place yam on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and salt (I add the cayenne for extra kick)
3. Bake yam for 30-40 mins, or until soft
4. Dice and chop remainder of vegetables.
5. In large pan over medium heat, add onion and saute until translucent
6. Add peppers to the pan and cook until softened
7. Remove peppers and onion from pan and set aside (keep pan on heat)
8. Add beef to pan and spices to the beef
9. Once beef is cooked thoroughly, return veggies to the pan. Add cans of roasted tomatoes and sauce/paste, bring to a simmer.
10. Add baked yam to the beef sauce and enjoy!
Did you know we offer nutrition services as well?
Send us and email to email@example.com